USP or Unique Selling Proposition is possibly one of the most influential points out there that can change your prospect’s buying decisions and make them your CUSTOMERS.
Each advertisement must make a proposition to the consumer. Not just words, not just product puffery, not just show-window advertising. Each advertisement must say to each reader: “Buy this product, and you will get this specific benefit.”
Here are examples of products with a USP:
1. Head & Shoulders: “You get rid of dandruff”
2. Domino’s Pizza: “You get fresh, hot pizza delivered to your door in 30 minutes or less — or it’s free.”
3. FedEx: “When your package absolutely, positively has to get there overnight”
4. M&M’s: “Melts in your mouth, not in your hand”
5. Metropolitan Life: “Get Met, It Pays”
Give people results. Give them what they need right now. Be very straightforward with people.
Find what urges and frustrations they have. They will be the motivators for your prospect to buy your product.
If you would like to learn more about writing headlines go to http://www.writegreatads.com and sign up for my newsletter.